Well it had to start sometime, and with the first few litters of 2018 babies just about ready to go it’s time to start working on 2018 sales.
I will admit that sales is actually my least favourite part of breeding, but I am constantly looking for ways to make it run more smoothly. So here’s the plan for 2018:
There will be baby northern and irian jaya (IJ) skinks this year. There are also some remaining yearling IJs and two-year-old northerns that will be available for sale.
My prices are staying consistent this year. Babies will cost $400. The remaining yearling IJs will be $450. The two-year-old northerns will be $500. All those prices are plus exact shipping, which is approximately $100 across Canada.
Starting today I am taking ID photos of all the babies (and remaining juveniles) here, and as a bonus I’ll be posting some of the ID photos here as teasers while I get the Available List up and running.
I will also be responding to emails and messages starting tomorrow, including those waiting for a reply. I’ll be responding to the newest first, so if you sent a message a while back and I didn’t reply, please consider sending another.
Finally, starting today I am accepting pre-sales – up to 15 for baby northerns and 5 for baby IJs. If you know you want a baby, you’re ready to go, and you have the money ready, you can request a pre-sale, we’ll get the money and shipping info all sorted, and you’ll go on the pre-sale list. Once the available animals are listed you’ll get first pick (in order of pre-sales received) and then you just pick a day and I ship.
(If you would like to do a pre-sale for a yearling or two-year-old instead, let me know and we can work it out.)
Once any pre-sales have picked their babies the remaining animals will be listed on the Available Page and sales will continue as normal.
The hope is that by doing some pre-sales there’s less chaos come posting the Available List, and there’s fewer partial-payments and holds and such for me to keep track of (spoilers, I suck at most things that require a memory so have to write everything down).
At this point the earliest possible shipping date would be July 23, but that may be bumped one more week back depending on how well this all goes. High temperature warnings may also impact shipping at times. Updates and most message responses should be expected in the evenings (sorry guys, I’m working rather long hours at my day job). Please continue to have patience (thank you for all you’ve shown so far!) and if you have any questions shoot me an email at MelanieJPratt@gmail.com.